UPDATE: June 10th - With the recent loosening of Covid-19 related restrictions by the Province of Alberta, Soho will be slowly ramping up capacity over the next 5 to 7 days. We are actively working through call-backs and appointment scheduling for clients that missed appointments during our closure and expect to re-open online booking in July. We will be upholding all of our Covid operational procedures for the foreseeable future.
While we work to get our online scheduling system up and running, you will not be receving apppointment confirmations via email but we will call to confirm.
Thank you for your support, your patience and encouragement. We have been blown away by the level of genuine understanding by our clients and supporters. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Special Note: Soho is re-opening with a very limited capacity as per Alberta.ca guidelines on May 25th. If you had an appointment during our closure (March 13 to May 24th) and did not cancel it, rest assured we will be calling you back in chronological order to rebook. If you have an appointment on or after May 25th, please note your appointment might be cancelled or re-scheduled due to our modified working schedule because of capacity limits in the salon.
Soho is committed to a successful re-launch by keeping our clients and team safe through the implementation of a rigorous Covid-19 safety program.
With regard to your upcoming appointment at Soho we would like to provide you with some important information and to make some special requests of you.
For the safety of you and everyone in the salon we kindly ask you to CANCEL AND REBOOK your appointment without penalty:
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms such as cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose, fatigue or difficulty breathing
- If you have recently returned to Canada from travel abroad
The prevention and control of infection is top of mind and we also ask of you the following when you come to your appointment:
- Please wait in your car upon arrival and enter the salon at your exact appointment time. If there is a delay we will call you.
- Please leave your jacket and all belongings in the car if possible or we will provide you with a single use plastic bag to store your jacket.
- Upon entering the salon please disinfect your hands using the sanitizer provided at the front door and regularly throughout your visit.
- Masks are mandatory in the salon for the time being for both our team and our clients and will provide you with a disposable surgical mask for a small fee.
- Please practice safe cough and sneeze protocol by coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow (not your hands), disposing of your tissue in a garbage and immediately washing your hands.
- Please do avoid touching your face, mouth and nose with unwashed hands.
- Please do not shake hands with or hug your stylist. (We know this will be hard, we love them too!)
As part of our re-launch plan to reduce the risk of the transmission of Covid-19 among our staff and customers, our considerations include:
- The entire Soho team has trained and received their Barbicide safety certification.
- Limited capacity in the salon. Every other chair is out of service effectively reducing regular salon capacity by 50%.
- No walk-ins. Entry into the salon by appointment only.
- Removal of seating and non-essential items in the waiting room and assistance with retail products to avoid unnecessary contact.
- The use of a variety of PPE that include masks (mandatory), face shields, gloves, disposable aprons and single use chair covers (mandatory) at the stylist’s discretion.
- Breath guard barriers at the front desk and shampoo stations.
- Cleaning and disinfection of the high touch surfaces often throughout the salon at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Cleaning and disinfection of styling tools between clients.
- Drink service in the salon has been temporarily placed on hold.
We are taking extraordinary measures at Soho to ensure the safety of our team and clients. Please note that just as you have the right to decline service if you feel at risk, we also reserve the right to decline service at the salon if we feel a client is putting the people in the salon at risk.
With any business that is reopening, we recognize that the “new normal” will be far from normal and we ask for your pateince and your understanding as we transition to serve you better. We wholeheartedly respect that your decision to visit Soho, or not at this time, is yours alone and one you should make when you feel comfortable to do so.
We care deeply about the health and safety of our clients and team members. We look forward to seeing everyone and thank you for your understanding and support.